“Ragging in the College Campus is absolutely banned, and hence any student found indulging in an act of ragging shall meet strict disciplinary action, which may include immediate rustication from the Institute apart from criminal consequences.”
ANTI-RAGGING RULES & PROCEDURES:
01. What is Ragging
Any Conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or junior student.”
Ragging is a Social Crime. As per above referred AICTE “Regulations”, Ragging is strictly prohibited in the College Campus as well as outside the College Campus. All students are hereby informed not to indulge in any kind of Ragging activity either directly or indirectly. A strict action as per AICTE “Regulations” will be taken.
02. Action taken against Ragging
Actions to be taken against students for indulging and abetting ragging in technical institutions Universities including Deemed to be University imparting technical education :-
- The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents.
- Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging.
- Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offense as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level.
- Shall be any one or any combination of the following:-
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the Institute level shall be any one or any combination of the following:-
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the Institute in any regional, national or International meets, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the Institute for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the Institute and consequent debarring from admission to any other institute
- Fine of Rupees 25,000/-
Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the Institute shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- Principal, TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Chairman
- HoD-in-Charge, Mechanical Engg. Dept., TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member
- HoD-in-Charge, Civil Engg. Dept., TTAADC Polytechnic Institute - Member
- HoD-in-Charge, Electrical Engg. Dept., TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member
- HoD-in-Charge, Sc. & Humanities Dept., TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member
- Additional Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Jirania, West Tripura - Member
- Officer-in-Charge, Radhapur Police Station, Khumulwng – Member
- Sri Deepjyoti Debbarma, Lecturer, Electrical Engg. Dept., TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member
- Sri Sanjay Banik, Sr. Instructor, TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member
- Sri Sukumal Paul, Sr. Instructor, TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member
- Sri Anirban Mukherjee, LDC, TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member
- Sri Rana Das, Lecturer, Mechanical Engg. Dept., TTAADC Polytechnic Institute – Member Secretary
- Sri Sukumar Paul, Sr. Instructor, Mechanical Engg. Dept. – Convener
- Dr. Mousumi Gupta (Sengupta), Science & Humanities Dept. - Member
- Smt. Rakhi Choudhuri, Science & Humanities Dept. - Member
- Sri Sanjay Banik, Sr. Instructor, Electrical Engg. Dept. – Member
- Sri Manilal Chakraborty, Instructor, Mechanical Engg. Dept. – Member
- Sri Mriganka Shekhar Deb, Librarian – Member
- Sri Rathin Biswas, Jr. Mechanic – Member
- Sri Sunil Debbarma, Jr. Mechanic – Member
- Sri Dipu Debbarma, Jr. Mechanic – Member